Sunday, March 10, 2013

Shivrathri 2013

Fasting, going to a local temple, singing bhajans, chanting the panchakshari mantra, keeping an all night vigil, all these defined Shivratri for me for decades now.

Today, however, I just wanted to withdraw within me. Be in silence, in solitude. And something made me log into a new blogger account and start what I had stopped some years ago- blogging. Do I want to "share" anything in this electronic world? I don't know. Or am I just sharing it with myself wondering if other parts of "me" will "respond" in this universe? Does it matter. I suppose not. Yet, in this night filled with the Shiva principle of super consciousness, of expanded "self", sitting in solitude, it seemed fine to just type down some random thoughts as they crossed my field of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment