Friday, May 23, 2014

Espanol: an experience

So, what was I doing aside from being a little more active on Facebook grace a Sr. Modi? I was "teaching" or should I say "learning" Espanol- Spanish (in English)!

These past 6 weeks saw me as a substitute in a Spanish class and it was incredible to see my brain adapting itself to a new set of sounds (not all that new as I do live in California!) and coming out of it, making complete sentences with the verb conjugated the right way- yoohoo! So far, it had been using the infinitive for like saying yo hablar transmuting to yo hablo!

The thrill of speaking a new language is something to be experienced. I have lived in California for almost two decades to have been exposed to the odd Spanish word here and there and everywhere. But, I could never grasp the structure of the sentence. My sister, who has a Masters in that language had given up on my pretensions of knowing the language.

Now, I feel empowered to actually speak in sentences with her and all the other 36 plus% of my ciuadad that speaks this as their primary language.

Go, get empowered. Learn a new language. It is said that the brain "grows" when it learns a new language. My next language on my list is Mandarin. Xia Xia. Gracias.

No comments:

Post a Comment